homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

As advertised

I'll be damned. My kids are acting exactly as the commercials said they would.

I bought Kix the other day. Kix. I've never had Kix. When I was growing up, we ate marshmallow-infested cereals like God intended. Now I'm married to a health-conscious person who has shown me the error of my dietary ways and I buy organic Cheerios. Okay, and the occasional box of Honeycomb, 'cause a girl gotta get her sugar.

Anyway, I've been on both ends of the spectrum and missed the Kix thing entirely. I picked up a box a few nights ago on a complete whim. The box had a picture of Blue (from Blue's Clues, dontchyaknow) on it, so I figured what the heck, let's try 'em.

When I unpacked the groceries, Hubby scoffed. "Kix? Might as well give them the hamster food! That stuff has NO flavor. They are NOT going to eat it, honey."

Yeah. That's why our three-year old polished off nearly the entire box in a 24-hour period. OMG he is nuts for these darn things. And just like in the commercials, I busted him climbing up on the counter to get the box, and then dumping out a big heapin' pile for his baby brother to enjoy as well. These two are munchin' the Kix like there's no tomorrow. (And goodness knows, there might not be--there aren't enough left for one more bowl of breakfast, alas.)

Okay, Kix people. I believe in Truth in Advertising again.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, Kix. Along with the plain-jane Cheerios, they're a favorite. I've also recently discovered [in the organic aisle at Giant Eagle] Puffins cereals. The original flavor is my favorite. [I just had a bowl for dinner.]

    ReplyDelete