homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

School daze, part 2

Okay, so I say we're going to be eclectic in our approach to learning, with a strong leaning toward unstructured. But, as mentioned in the previous post, I'm also the sort of person who thrives on at least a general sense of structure.

Here comes my confession:

I loved school.

I know! Aren't I such a hypocrite?! This mere notion is going to be the inspiration for countless future posts and journal entries. Knowing that, I won't bother going into too much justification or reasoning right now. I will, however, use it as a springboard to say that regardless of whether any, all, or none of the children in this house are attending school, I will continue to see September as a time of beginning. Like spring, it is the natural time for me to consider making resolutions. Like Christmas, my eyes light up at the prospect of store displays full of crisp new notebooks and collections of multicolored pencils and pens.

The cynic in me might suggest brainwashing, but I know it's just an emotional connection. So whether you school, school-at-home, or consider school a dirty word...go treat yourself to some new office or craft supplies and start something. It just feels right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment