homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Epiphanies and Apostasies

So, what have you been up to lately? :)

The "apostasy" part is a bit hyperbolic, I suppose, but I love the sound of the words, the juxtaposition of the ideas, and the fact that yet again I've appropriated the words of Neil Peart. (This was a chapter title from his book "The Masked Rider".)

What I do mean to say, as I recommit myself to blogging (yes, AGAIN), is that my life over the past few months has been filled with a great deal of introspection, self-assessment, and a deep philosophical questioning of many of my evolving values, ideas, beliefs, and plans.

Perhaps that's part of the nature of being a Thinking Parent...always questioning what "right" is, and how to best proceed toward that goal.

Perhaps I'm just incurably neurotic. (Ha! Perhaps?)

At any rate, I'm back. I recently noted in a Facebook exchange that I have a lifelong tendency to collect, and then never actually USE, journals. It has been true in my academic and personal life. I have two baby books full of blanks. I have a number of diaries with only a handful of entries. And I have a blog full of more apologies for not writing than actual writing.

Well, hold on. I have a lot of things on my mind. I'm about to start full-force rambling. Please do feel free to comment; much of this is intended to foster discussion!

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment