homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Some recent artwork

The kids love to do craft projects. Despite my own love of the same, I don't often sit down to "make stuff" with them, at least not outside of the kitchen. I need to commit to doing so more often. They come up with the most delightful things.

Our recent clay adventure produced:

BEADS (Theo)

and...

PORCUPINES (Cayden)

The clay has since been painted, but not photographed, alas.

I also splurged on some new watercolor supplies. (Or, as Theo requested, "the hard paints".) The materials were still rather low-quality in the grand scheme of things, but even the small step up from my frugal "here, use the back of this printer paper" typical way of doing things was amazing. Real, honest-to-goodness watercolor paper alone makes a galaxy of difference in the experience. I even got in on the fun, and truly enjoyed the tactile adventure.

Here are Theo and Taner, deep in creative mode:

And Cayden's completed "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang".

And finally, I wanted to share an older piece. This was done late this past spring...yes, on printer paper...using washable poster paints. What tickles me so very much about this one (and earned it a very long engagement on the hallway wall) is Theo's description of it.

"Storm in a Box"

1 comment:

  1. awesome! I need to let the kids paint more. They just make such a stupendous mess with it!

    ReplyDelete