homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Darn it!

Yup. I taught myself another "new" (old) skill. And saved my favorite pair of wool boot socks. (Storebought, but much loved nonetheless.)


It's not the best job, but it's a far sight better than the threadbare and the huge hole. And I'll improve with practice. I went on to mend several small holes in my husband's favorite jeans. What a clever little trick--and I think that in many cases it's a lot better-looking than a patch.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you learn this? Do you have a link or a book title?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I checked a few websites and probably one of my sewing books before I actually decided to do this. The best online tutorial I've seen is this Craftzine article.

    And whoops, I think I stole her title. Didn't mean to. It's just such an easy pun!!

    ReplyDelete