homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Apron Collection: Chocolate

These aprons are appearing in no premeditated order. I had considered saving this one for last...kind of a Grand Finale...but it just happened to be the most accessible when I realized that it was Apron Monday and I needed a picture. ;)


Note that I did not stage the clothesline photo.
That thing gets used...and that apron is clean!

This is one of the nicest aprons I own, for a number of reasons. First and foremost, it was a custom gift from my best friend of 25 years. (Shut up, it already makes me feel old just admitting it.) That much alone is enough for it to be my favorite. But it also excels on its less emotional merits.

The workmanship on this garment is impeccable...and I'm not just saying this because I know that the creator will be reading this. She really does very precise work. I'm often hesitant to make gifts for her because my own skills seem so amateur by comparison. Ahem. Anyway, it is well-constructed, with crisp seams and even topstitching. It is fully lined, so it has great structure (often a full bib apron made from cotton can be limp and shapeless). And OMG the spill-anticipating coverage. Someone knows me very well.

On more aesthetic notes, this apron is not only practical but plenty feminine, with a flirty and bold bright pink flounce, a pretty "tulip" style patch pocket


and an embroidered patch on the bib that speaks volumes about its wearer.

I love it!

3 comments:

  1. AWWWW, you ♥ me! I'm glad you like and use that apron. GAH, that off center wording is driving me insane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I thought you meant on the post. I see it now; on the patch. Funny, I never noticed until I took the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a pretty apron. I want one!

    ReplyDelete