homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hot.

I started the day today...not wanting to start the day. I'd gone to bed too late, been awoken too early, and despite the enormous array of possibilities for things to do (both "want" and "need"), felt like doing nothing. Then I checked the weather forecast and saw the magic number: 87.

Eighty-seven?

Oh that's it; we're going swimming.

Easier said than done, actually. If you live in the Northeast and want to swim before Memorial Day, you'd better have your own pool. I called all over the place and the earliest any public pools will be open is several days from now. Not helping me today!

Then I recalled a conversation I'd had with a friend, about a local hotel which has already opened the pool. Turns out she has some, uh, pull (pun quite intended) and got us in on a day pass.



Ahhhhhhh. Our day got considerably better. :)

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Staying cool in the pool sounds like a great idea! Except for the starkly nekkid feeling of squishing a larger-and-squishier-than-last-summer body into a bathing suit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have you know that my body stays exactly the same! It's just those darn bathing suits that keep shrinking while in storage over the winter...yeah, that must be it.

    ReplyDelete