homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Apron Collection: Side of Slaw

This apron makes me think of a diner waitress.


The bright color, the bold black-and-white accents, the roomy square pocket (sized right for an order pad, and embellished with vintage buttons)...


This just begs for an extra cuppa and a slice of pie, don't ya think?

It carries some food stains from the original owner, but that doesn't detract from the charm. I'm not sure of the origin, but I don't honestly think that this did see commercial service because it's sized wider/fuller...more for practical use than the "barely there" coverage of typical diner uniforms. I could be wrong, though...and I'd like to hope that maybe this apron has just as interesting a past as I imagine for it.

Extra apron fun! A friend just directed me to a terrific crafty blog: Sumo's Sweet Stuff. Oh and they just happen to be currently hosting an apron giveaway! I know...too perfect, right? Not only do I obviously need more aprons (shut up) and would certainly be a graciously appreciative recipient, but come on...this fell into my lap on Apron Monday? I am surely destined to get my hands on one of the gorgeous aprons offered by sponsor Flirty Aprons.

Oh and just in case I don't win, I want yinz to note that URL for future gift shopping for yours truly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment