homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Another summer first!

With all of the activity of a holiday weekend, I haven't yet managed to blog another "first" for the kids.

Summer night. Surprise road trip with Gram. In our jammies? Where are we going?

OMG LOOK!

One of the VERY few drive-ins still open within driving distance. And I use that term loosely; it was quite a haul to get us there.

Yay! We're going to the drive-in!


Um, what's a drive-in?


We found a good spot,


set up the lawn chairs,


and settled in to enjoy our movie beneath the stars.

Which, incidentally, was quite literal. There's not nearly as much light pollution out that-a-way and although I neglected to attempt a shot of the night sky, it was simply gorgeous.

We watched Toy Story 3. I found out the next day through a friend's Facebook feed that she'd been there, too. Same screen and everything. Dang it, I wish I'd known--I haven't seen her in 14 years!

T loved it. C was into it for a while, but eventually got tired and kept begging to go home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment