homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Apron Monday: Apple Cobbler

No, this isn't a cobbler-style apron. I know that. But it makes me think of comfort foods, and specifically baked goods. I don't know why. It is also, of my entire collection, the one that seems the most "Grandma" to me. Which is odd since I don't remember either of my grandmothers wearing aprons. Or baking cobbler.

Alas.

But here it is. It's wearing thin, and is in need of repair where I've snagged the bias trim against something. But I adore it. The side panels offer extra-full coverage (and you know how I love/need that!) and it's slightly retro and just feminine enough without sacrificing utility.

1 comment:

  1. my grandma wears an apron just like that (only shorter) so that's legit! She usually is making jam, or maybe meatloaf.

    ReplyDelete