homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Finished Object: Baby Hat

Yay! A completed craft I can post!



One of the drawbacks of crafting AND blogging (ahem, besides getting too busy to do the "blog" part of the equation and then having your BFF call you on it in her blog) is that sometimes you can't share your creations right away because your intended recipient is one of your readers. This one, at least, is safe to show. I knitted it up over the weekend and gifted it at a baby shower.

I made this project using Elsebeth Lavold's Cotton Patine yarn. It's a lovely cotton with a soft drape. It was also stashed leftover(s) from another project, which makes this a frugal Win! The pattern for the hat is available for free at PoMo Golightly's blog, and it's super easy. And bonus: I learned how to do a jogless stripe! (Non-knitters, it's a trick for making a spiral look like stacked circles. Very clever.)

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely done!

    Oooh, jogless stripe, fancy. I'll have to try out that pattern. I love making baby hats and buntings but I don't always have friends who are breeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Sure someday I'll update my blog, I can take a hint. :-P

    ReplyDelete