homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

37



I'm thirty-seven; I'm not old!

Happy Birthday to me!

I made out pretty good. My bestie sent me a handmade (yes, made by her--although I still can't convince her to blog it) table runner. The whole thing looks like this:


but that shot doesn't do it much justice, as it totally clashes with my couch. What can I say, it was the only uncluttered backdrop available at the moment. Here's a closeup so you can see the adorable goodness.


It's currently living on the buffet in the dining room. Which I cleaned off just to use this. So it actually motivated me to go unclutter a trouble spot in my home. Win-win. ;)

My mother took my family and me out to dinner (see previous post), which was mostly wonderful. I got a bunch of cash and assorted gift cards from various people (the gifts that keep giving), and a balloon and serenade from my co-workers.

The best part, as always, was sharing the day with my family. They made me some cards


and some cupcakes,


and my OMG I LOVE IT new toy, my very own personal netbook!


Thanks to all who offered their generous wishes for happiness, health, and other goodness. It was a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment