homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

FO: Fuzzy Pink Feet

...a big red bird with fuzzy pink feet.

No, not those ones. But I can't say the phrase "fuzzy pink feet" without my brain replaying this scene from M*A*S*H. Sigh. I miss you, M*A*S*H.

The fuzzy pink feet in question are slippers that I knitted for my bestest friend for her birthday. I found a super-soft pale pink polyester yarn at my local Pat Catan's, at a discount price. It needed to be slippers.

The pattern I used is Lucia Tedesco's "February Slippers", which was easy to follow and knitted up quickly. It took me roughly a day to knit each slipper. Would have been much quicker if I hadn't had to rely on stolen moments in between other demands. ;) Once finished, the slippers felt like a dream, and looked like this:
Pretty
But I wasn't done; oh no! I could have stopped there and given her a pair of perfectly usable and lovely Mary-Jane style footies. Instead, I decided to indulge her love for bunny slippers and did this to them:


Custom footwear FTW!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! I want to find a Mary Jane slipper pattern to fit a little foot- Sarah needs slippers for school when she starts in October, and I really want to MAKE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-D They are super adorable and soft and lovable!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I will let you know if/when I find a pattern for kids. A friend has commissioned me to make a pair for her niece, who is a toddler. I'm searching now!!

    ReplyDelete