homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

More fun with food

Other recent culinary adventures worth blogging:

I prepared some Rat Patootie

sans Eggplant. Only the onions & oil weren't locally grown. Win!
which I deemed to be delicious, Dad found to be tolerable, and the kids flat-out rejected. Sigh.

I also prepared Ree Drummond's Blueberry Crumb Cake


which garnered much more favorable reviews.

But none of my recent experiments have been nearly as photo-worthy as C's cookies. C has claimed all kid-targeted cookbooks as his own, and often pulls one of them out when helping me cook. He found a recipe that he insisted upon making.

Dragon sez: "Look! It's me, in pastry!"
It was a simple sugar cookie rollout recipe, made far more appealing by brightly colored icing and candy. Well hell, if I was four, I'd be all over that too. Ensues: a family cookie decorating party. Enjoy. (We sure did!)


Rawr.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! I need to do that with the kids sometime soon. Last time I tried, it was less than successful.

    I have a recipe for chickpea ratatoulle (or however you spell it) which is a HUGE hit in our house- EVERYONE loves it, and the kids actually cheer when I make it.

    ReplyDelete