homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Ridden Hard and Put Away Wet


This is another apron which is in such a state of disrepair that it's no longer functional. I'm not sure why I keep holding onto it, but I suspect it's a combination of factors.
  • I find the print appealing.
  • I find the cut appealing and might get a wild hair and copy it someday.
  • I feel too guilty to throw it away.
This guilt is a BIG motivator for my pack-rat tendencies. I blame The Velveteen Rabbit; when I see an inanimate object that was once loved, my heart breaks to think that it's not loved anymore. And I feel obligated to love that object. That dear, loyal, rejected object.

I mean, look at the repair work.

Someone who was not particularly good with a needle tried to mend this by hand anyway. Does that not just make you want to cry in empathy?

Alas, even if I could fix the disaster that used to be the waistband,


I'd still have this unwashable mess to contend with.


What is that...paint? Joint compound? I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment