homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

We need a little Christmas

Whoops, I didn't blog an apron yesterday. Well, in my defense I had a lot more interesting things going on. ;) But here's a belated picture for those who are keeping score...the second of my two holiday-themed aprons. Which no, I did not bother to iron. (Shut up.)


Its stats are as follows:

Origin: I've forgotten
Manufacture: unsure. It appears to be handmade.
Style: gathered skirt, single pocket
Category: Kitsch/holiday/hostess
Appeal: The print (carolers) is cute yet understated


Drawbacks: short ties. Yes, even objectively speaking. Which sadly brings its likelihood of use way down, despite my overall like for it.

I know it's probably a little early to be sharing the Christmas aprons, but it's a chilly day and just looking at this makes me think of a crackling fire, a houseful of loved guests, and perhaps a lovely hostess serving a throwback tray full of Hot Toddies and eggnog.

Seconds, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment