homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Gawd Bless Amurrika

The idea of what it means to be patriotic, and how those feelings might be best expressed, seems to be rather fluid, especially lately. So I could be wrong. This could be exactly what I'm missing. But somehow I think it falls more under the heading of "You're Doing it Wrong".

Sing with me now! "The only one who'll hang out with me / Is my dear old GrandDad..."
True, this apron-slash-billboard does lack a U.S. flag. But the sentiment...oh, the sentiment. It's the spirit of America!! When I think of America, you can be damn sure that the first emotion that's stirred in my heart requires the liberal celebration of (and with) some Kentucky bourbon. Woo!

I should totally wear this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment