homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In Which The Irony Does Not Escape Me

Okay. I admit it. I was catty and perhaps even a little bitchy about the workmanship on yesterday's apron post. In the interest of fairness, I feel compelled to tell the world that I have been working on Christmas gifts today. One has a potential major goof that may bring me to real and gut-wrenching tears (the goof is an unfixable thing, and the last in a long series of steps that it took to make the item). Another is so Gawd-awful amateur-looking that I'm considering telling my recipient that the kids did it. Or that I was drunk while crafting. Or that the kids were drunk when THEY made that whatever-it is.

Yes, it's that bad.

But at least I'm still able to laugh about it.

Alas, no picture. The recipient is a regular reader. Um, so if you're close with me IRL, start worrying! I'm about to give some lucky loved one a well-intentioned but poorly-executed excuse for a gift.

It's the thought that counts?

2 comments:

  1. I was the recipient of the "botched craft". Heather was wrong, it's very nice especially since she made it herself. A hand-crafted gift is one made of love & that kind of love is never a "mess". I did, however, think that her friend Tina would be getting the gift. In case anyone is wondering, it was a requested crock for cooking utensils. She painted a hummingbird on the side. Even if I would happen to forget who gave me the crock, the hummingbird would remind me of Heather which in turn would remind me that the gift was from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw Mom, you're going to make me cry!

    And for the record, yours was actually the drunken kids craft. Lucky you! LOL The botched one was my brother-in-law's apron, which I posted along with its goof (the messed up letters).

    I love you Mom. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete