homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Today's Forecast

Partly sunny, 55 degrees. Not bad for early February in Pennsylvania.

First, we shook off a little cabin fever by hanging some laundry on the clothesline.


Yes, I said "we". It started as just me...with the dog running high-speed laps around the yard...but I was soon joined by a 7-year-old boy with a stepladder and a desire to "spend some time talking". So he helped. His idea. How many times can I fall in love with one person?

While we were out, I saw our next door neighbor. I think I've seen her, briefly, twice since Christmas. Sad, I know, but between the crummy weather and our respective hectic schedules, it just hasn't been happening. Anyway, I was dog-wrangling ("No, I do NOT want to go IN!") and she was doing some maintenance on her van and we got to chatting. We moved it inside and sat down with a cuppa tea and had a real live visit. It was much needed, and a really nice detour in my day.

Then I loaded up the kids and the bikes and we went to the park. O Happy Day!


Oh, riddle me this: How can you identify the homeschooling mom at the park?

She's the one using the sidewalk chalk to write practice sentences for her kids.


Is it wrong that I made T read things before I'd continue our game? *evil laugh*

No comments:

Post a Comment