homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

In Which It Snows

Okay, to be fair we *did* have snow alllllllll the way back in October. But that was a freak one-day thing for which we were not prepared. Now? It's December and the warm clothes have been moved into daily rotation and new snow boots have been procured and we were ready. So when it started snowing on Wednesday, C gathered his gear and went Outside to Play. What a great idea!

He suggested making snowballs. I insisted that there wasn't enough snow. He proved me wrong.


Then T made a snowman.


Alas, when Mom has a baby, she does not keep up so much with autumn yard maintenance. So we have a very leaf-infested snowman. But he's the first of the season, and we love him.

The pets also enjoyed a bit of a frolic.


I dug into my pockets to discover that I really need a new pair of "playing outside" gloves.

Yes, this was what I wore, because I was too lazy into the moment to go back inside the house and search for another set. One that matched, even...


...this was the "mate". Um...opposites attract? o_O

But at least I have a pretty hat.

This was one of the small indulgences I knit for myself just prior to J's birth. Sadly, the gorgeous woolen socks got forgotten in the wash and now belong to T (the heartbreak of shrinking and unintended felting!). I'm going to be extra careful with this. It's better suited for physical activity than last year's Love Hat. The pattern is the Amanda Hat...although I think I may call this one Amandy, since the yarn is "Andy's Merino". ;p

Not pictured are T and I zooming down our awesome back hill. We have the best sledding around, right in our own yard. WHEE was that fun!

So, C...T...me...dog...ducks. Are we forgetting anyone? Anyone who might have featured nicely in a pictorial essay entitled "First Snow"?



Yeah, J had his own agenda for the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment