homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Done

Today I declared an end to the worksheets and the beginning of a summer break: a time when after a year of increasing paranoia and stress and second-guessing about the volume, nature, and quality of our learning, I force myself to just stop and take a deep breath and regroup.

I want to apologize for neglecting my blog, and also pile on the excuses for why that happened.

I want to do a recap of our school year, and muse on what worked and what didn't.

I want to try to catch up on EVERYTHING that has been going on around here: learning-stuff and just-living-stuff, and everything that I had Deep Thoughts about but didn't get around to exploring over the past few months.

I want to make a set of resolutions for what I plan to do in the near, and extended, future.

But see, that's just the point. Right now I don't need any of that. Right now I need to simply put those last few worksheets into the binder, print out my cover letter, and wait for the test results so I can send the whole shebang off to the school district. And then I need to just Walk. Away.

Do none of that.

Have no agenda.

And stop giving a damn about whoever might be judging me/us for it.

We've earned a break. Now if I can just make myself RELAX during it, I will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment