homeschooling, homemaking, homesteading...home.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I'm not dead!

Dear hypothetical reader (mostly just my future-self and possibly my mom):

I've been absent for blogging for Reasons. Some of them are circumstantial (just too damn busy/distracted) and some of them are guilt-emotional (Does blogging make one a narcissist? An exhibitionist?) and some of them are reflective (How can one truly embrace living in the moment if constantly mentally drafting witty recaps of events?) and some of them are just plain *meh*. (Apathy. Ennui. Boredom. Laziness!)

So, there's all of that.

But I need it again. Because above and beyond anything else that blogging might accomplish (entertainment? popularity? attention?), I truly did start this for *me*. (And, as a dear friend once suggested, for *them* to someday read through.) To track our journey. To articulate my thoughts so I can process whatever-it-is that's busying my brain that day. And of COURSE, like the blog title reminds me, to celebrate the little moments.

So, okay. I am going through a paradigm-shift period and I might as well use this tool to deal. I think best by getting my ideas verbalized so I can "see" what's going on. 

*cracks knuckles*

*clears throat*

Here we go (again)...

No comments:

Post a Comment